Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Status Quo


So, I decided that in order for my posts to have any sort of thematic or entertaining element, you would have to start with my status quo. Here it is:
I attend BYU and am in the first have of my junior year. I am doing the pre-requisites to get into the Public Relations emphasis of a communications degree.
I work at the media relations office on campus, and enjoy a wonderfully wide range of personalities that exist there. I have learned that you can have various senses of humor that are all dry, and yet very different. I have also seen styles of inter-personal communications that range from almost no words, to repeating ones' self multiple times and thanking everyone else for breathing (that hyperbole is not very extreme).
I live with 3 other guys. One I have to constantly remind to dumb down his register for me because he's stuck in his world of biochemistry and quantum mechanics. Another one I have seen awake twice in the morning before I leave, and the last enjoys his floral design class as well as his fake teeth that he works on in preparation for dental school.
My church callings include teaching Elder's Quorum, which has given me an appreciation for females in a teaching situation, and FHE dad where I have decided that if I ever adopt, I will not adopt people who are my own age.

1 comment:

lovely laurie said...

Thanks, Shawn, that puts things in a whole new light! :)