Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Exercise


This a request from the Wanamakers:

I've only heard of one or two instances in which my roommate was stumped. One of those times was when he was talking to someone at his work about exercise and his coworker said, "I don't like exercise because it makes me tired and sore." He had a point.
I personally am an advocate of sporadic exercising. I love to be tired and sore because I got kicked with the spur of the moment. My rationalization is psychological. If you only exercise once in a while and you do it without any warning to your body, you don't dread it. It's kind of like the opposite of anticipation for Christmas for your body. Fortunately, in contrast to Christmas, exercise hopefully comes more than once a year. It also helps to be as huge as I am so that you don't feel like you need to exercise, it's just more of a pastime.
The other key to exercise is having good company. Some people have told me that they don't like to exercise with other people. I understand that people get sweaty and scrubby (good adjective) when they exercise but if you're worried about that you're not doing it right. There's two things that overcome such worries: doing some sort of exercise that takes the focus off of each other (most sport activities do that) and choosing someone that loves you beyond your hygiene and with whom you can engage in some conversation that takes your mind off of the torture you're undergoing. The perfect candidate? Man's best friend. That's right, a dog will love you beyond your hygiene and if you can't talk to that good of a listener, then you need to ask yourself who's colloquially handicapped. And don't try to tell me you can't talk because you're breathing too hard; everybody can talk and breath at the same time.

5 comments:

Wanamakers said...

Totally agree with the dog comment. Except, my dog is now a geriatric, and can't sustain a run for more than 3 or 4 minutes! I must be destined for obesity!

MisterandMissesLem said...

haha! that made me laugh!

lovely laurie said...

I love your logic....I'm adopting your philosophy!

colloquialism said...

Me stumped twice?
What was the other time?!

Wanamakers said...

Ha, ha, I'll have to remember to be as huge as you!