Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dependent


I had a rude awakening this week. I found out that I am dependent on a dumb little piece of plastic. My cell phone stopped working yesterday after I got done with my first job. It stayed on to let me know that I had four messages, but it wouldn't function at all, so I had no idea what they were. Anyway, I was thoroughly disappointed in myself. I found stuff to do, but the whole day, I had that impatient feeling in my gut like I wanted to hurry somewhere or get something done, but I couldn't do anything about it. Needless to say, my second job made almost no progress for the day.
I went and got it taken care of that night. The old phone was hopeless so I got a new one. Now I can function again. I just lost some self-respect given the fact that it affected me that much. I would love to always be a person that is patient and can deal with the flow. I usually am, maybe that's why it upset me so much. I really like a quote from Elder Maxwell when he teaches that patience is trusting in the Lord's timing, and pride is essentially the opposite. Oops. Note to Shawn: chillax.

No comments: