Monday, August 17, 2009

Dream Vacation


If you were to find a list of all of the dream vacations in the world, you'd most likely find quite a variety of destinations. Obvious ones might include Hawaii, Europe, Disneyland and the like. Last weekend I was introduced to a new idea in that category. I was introduced to the Misty River Resort. I'll be honest, I had to do a double take when I saw the word resort on the sign at the entrance because I couldn't see anything but weeds as we drove through the gate. I should have realized, though, that they weren't just whistlin' dixie down there when I saw the quality hand-painted sign on the finest grade of plywood around. So, we made our way through a jungle of texas-size weeds until we came to an oasis of lean-to's complimented by a full-service facility that included a store and big bathrooms. When the lights worked and when you could justify flushing the toilet (they were on a septic system) the full-service facility was pretty nice. Well, I forgot about the fact that you couldn't close the door to one of the bathrooms, but hey, a what's a dream vacation without a little entertainment? It turns out that there was a natural lazy river that circled through the campsite and the lean-to's were really high quality.
Alright, I'll take my tongue out of my cheek and quit wasting your time. I just really want to know why they chose the word "resort." It's a campground in the middle of nowhere.

1 comment:

rob said...

Hey, still beats Disneyland...