Sunday, February 15, 2009

Little Red Katherine (in the) Hood

I'm sure you've heard the story of Little Red Riding Hood. If I spelled that wrong, I'm sorry. The tellers of stories in my childhood didn't pronunciate well enough for me to know if it was "Writing Hood" or "Riding Hood." But listen, I know Little Red _______ Hood. She now goes by the name Katherine Nelson, and she rocks. Not rocks as in rocks out to hard music, but rocks in the sense that life is a metaphorical concert and she is, metaphorically, Bon Jovi. Red _______ Hood and Bon Jovi in the same blog. My blog is like a box of chocolates....
So, did you ever wonder where Little Red Katherine Hood found the wolf impersonating her grandmother? Washington. The story is a little twisted though. When she found the impersonator she immediately realized that the wolf wasn't her grandmother. Duh. Wolves can't disguise themselves well enough to look like grandmas. But, because Katherine thought the situation was a little ridiculous, maybe even humorous, she decided she'd play along. Unfortunately the wolf couldn't keep up with her wit, so it ended up giving really lame answers about eating Katherine. As soon as those started coming out, Katherine got a sassy look on her face (remember she was still a little girl) and told the wolf what's up. The wolf realized how pathetic it had been and how much cooler Katherine was, and it moped out the door. Katherine waited in the house for a while until her real grandma came back from the village and they had tea and crumpets.

...Giiirrrrllll...

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hey, that's a real sweet story.
I like being Little Red Katherine Hood-- and I love tea and crumpets with Grandma!

Girrrrl!